uKhahlamba Drakensberg vandring och sightseeingtur – två dagar
Afrikas högsta bergskedja söder om Kilimanjaro, och den största och mest koncentrerade serien av klippmålningar i Afrika – vilket gör den till ett världsarv av både naturlig och kulturell betydelse Både Zulu-namnet uKhahlamba (spjutbarriär) och Afrikaans namn Drakensberg (drakberg) passar den formidabla horisont som skapas av bergskedjan som ligger strax utanför Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. Bergen är en massiv basaltisk topp på en bred bas av sedimentära bergarter som tillhör Stormberg-serien som bildades för 150 miljoner år sedan, och de är Sydafrikas viktigaste vattendelare.
Under mer än 4000 år var de hem för ursprungsbefolkningen San/Bushmen, som skapade en enorm mängd hällristningar – den största samlingen i Afrika. “Områdets mångfald av livsmiljöer skyddar en hög nivå av endemiska och globalt hotade arter, särskilt fåglar och växter.”
Det är tidig start för vandrings- och sightseeingturen till Drakensberg! Du kommer att hämtas från ditt boende (Detta gäller endast hämtning och lämning i Durban City, kontakta oss gärna om du är osäker på om din upphämtningsplats omfattas. Om din upphämtningsplats inte omfattas kommer vi ändå att hämta dig, men det kan tillkomma en extra avgift beroende på var du är baserad.
Körningen till Drakensbergen tar ca 3 timmar och går genom några av Sydafrikas mest pittoreska landskap! För att skynda på det hela berättar din kunniga guide om Sydafrikas historia, de olika befolkningsgrupperna och hur de alla kom hit. Vi uppmuntrar dig att ställa frågor för att du ska få ut så mycket som möjligt av resan. Du kan vara säker på att du kommer att resa i absolut komfort eftersom Tim Brown Tours använder en Toyota Fortuner eller en Ford Everest för att genomföra alla turer. Detta gäller i mån av tillgång och Tim Brown Tours förbehåller sig rätten att ordna med alternativa fordon.
När vi närmar oss bergskedjan Drakensberg berättar din guide om områdets historia och mer om San-Bushmen som levde i dessa berg för mer än 30 000 år sedan.
Vi anländer till Norra Drakensbergen och Royal Natal National Park där vi gör en vandring upp till några 800 år gamla SanBushman-målningar. Resan tur och retur tar ca 45 minuter. Vi vilar för lunch och åker sedan till Central Drakensberg, där topparna är 3315 meter höga. Vi checkar in er i den vackra lodgen. Här har alla rum en öppen spis och ligger i de majestätiska bergen!
Middagen serveras i restaurangen och efter middagen är det dags att dra sig tillbaka till ditt boende för kvällen där du kan njuta av eldstaden med en flaska vin och skulle det vara en molnfri natt, gå ut, stjärnorna i Drakensberg är fantastiska!
Vi vaknar upp med de majestätiska bergen i blickfånget. Efter frukost tar er guide med er på en lätt vandring på ett par timmar till Main Cave som har en vacker klippa över sig där San-Bushmen har sovit under de kalla vinternätterna i Drakensbergen. Denna grotta har nu förvandlats till ett museum efter att utgrävningar har avslöjat artefakter från tusentals år tillbaka i tiden. Detta är en mycket försiktig promenad. Vi checkar ut och åker till Midlands Meander i KwaZulu-Natal. På vägen besöker vi Nelson Mandelas fångstplats och museum samt Howick Falls, ett 100 meter högt vattenfall som ligger i denna pittoreska lilla by. Vi stannar för lunch i byn och en du kommer att ha en chans att bläddra i antikaffärerna innan avgång till Durban men detta kan anpassas till dina behov
By Booking a Tour with Tim Brown Tours, you agree to be bound and accept all Terms and Conditions as listed below and agree that you have read and understood all Terms and Conditions as listed below.
A visit to Durban is not complete without experiencing and exploring one of the amazing destinations offered by Tim Brown Tours. For more detailed information on a specific tour, please select one of the below links for the tour you are interested in:
- Durban Day City Tour
- Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game reserve Day Safari/Tour (Bush Experience)
- Drakensberg – Sani Pass Day Tour
- Durban-Day Shark Cage diving Tour/Experience
- Durban-Day Battlefields Tour
- Durban-Day Tour – Tala Game reserve and Phezulu Zulu Cultural Village Tour/experience
- Valley of 1000 Hills and Phezulu Zulu Cultural Tour/Experience
- Durban-Day Shakaland Zulu Cultural Tour/Experience
- Durban-Day Heritage Tour Nelson Mandela capture site and museum + Howick Falls Tour
For overnight Safari Tours and rates click here.
Our tour guides are highly qualified and have a passion for sharing the unforgettable experience of a tour with our guests and making the country come alive for our guests. By hiring one of our tour guides, we endeavour to offer only the best as well as offering a reliable and safe way in which to see our country.
- Tim Brown Tours do offer Private Tours by prior arrangement where you will be assigned a dedicated guide for your party only as well as a vehicle for your party only at an additional fee.
- Please contact us directly to make enquiries on arranging a Private Tour as well as pricing.
- All prices are subject to change with or without notice.
- Tim Brown Tours reserves the right to correct misprints in pricing.
- All quoted prices do not include a service fee which varies depending on the payment method you have selected and will be for your account in addition to the quoted price. The various payment methods as well as an estimate of the service fee are listed below:
- Bank Transfer: It is your responsibility to enquire with your bank on charges for doing a bank transfer.
- Anyguide Online Booking System: Payment is done via Credit Card with a service fee of 5.5% of your total booking price.
- Paypal: The approximate service fee is 4% to 5% of the total booking price.
- Exchange4Free: This is a payment gateway on timbrowntours.com where you are able to pay via EFT/Credit Card and carries a service fee of 2.5% of your total booking price.
- Tim Brown Tours accept no responsibility for loss due to error in pricing or banking details as well as liability and responsibility for loss due to bank charges.
- All deviation from the specified tours listed on timbrowntours.com will be for your expense as this will be viewed as a custom tour and Tim Brown Tours reserves the right to charge an additional amount at their discretion.
- Dependent on availability, all tours are conducted in an 8 seater Toyota Fortuner and Toyota Quantum 10 seater or similar make and model.
- Should you or your party require a larger vehicle, the additional expense for the hire of such vehicle will be for your account.
- Should you or your party require an open vehicle, the additional expense for the hire of such vehicle will be for your account.
- Tim Brown Tours reserves the right to choose a make and model of vehicle for your tour as they deem fit.
Number of guests
- A minimum of 2 (Two) guests are required for a safari/tour to operate.
- Tim Brown Tours are willing to make an exception to the policy of a minimum of 2 guests but this is at the sole discretion of Tim Brown Tours and does carry an additional charge which will be for your account.
Deposit and Cancellation of Booking
- All Tours/Safaris are subject to you securing a booking and upon Tim Brown Tours confirming your booking.
- A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the tour will be required if your booking has been made at least 30 days prior to the tour/safari commencing.
- A deposit of 100% of the total cost of the tour will be required if your booking is made within 30 days or less of the tour/safari commencing.
- Should you need to cancel the booking for whatever reason, and such cancellation is made at least 31 days prior to the tour/safari commencing, Tim Brown Tours will endeavour to refund you the deposit amount subject to Tim Brown Tours Provider’s Policies. Note that this excludes Group Bookings.
- Should you need to cancel the booking for whatever reason, and such cancellation is made within 30 days or less of the tour/safari commencing, you agree to forfeit the 50% deposit of the total booking cost made. Note that this excludes Group Bookings
- Should you have paid 100% of your total booking cost, and you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, you will forfeit 50% of the total booking cost. Tim Brown Tours however will try their utmost to refund you’re the remaining 50% dependent on Provider’s Policies. Note that this excludes Group Bookings.
- Where a party in a Group Booking wishes to cancel an Overnight Safari/Tour booking for whatever reason, within 30 days or prior to 30 days of a tour/safari commencing, no refund is due to you as you and your party accept that Tim Brown Tours has incurred costs for securing accommodation.
- Tim Brown Tours, their affiliates and guides cannot be held liable and take no responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness, death, injury or schedule changes.
- It is your responsibility to arrange insurance for the above listed in Clause 7.1.
- All those booked with Tim Brown Tours accept full and sole risk of any and all incidents listed in 7.1. above.
Acceptance of Our Terms and Conditions
Links to Third-Party Sites
Information We Collect
Non-personal information, data about usage and service operation, not directly linked to a specific person may be collected to analyse how the Website is used by visitors to the Website.
Pages viewed, IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, referral data are all examples of aggregate information which your computer provides to us when using/accessing this Website.
Every time you request or download a file from this Website, www.timbrowntours.com may store data about these events and your IP address in a log file. www.timbrowntours.com may use this information to analyse trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use or for other business purposes.
We use “cookies” as these enable us to improve user experience and interactivity with this Website. Should you wish to disable cookies, you may do so from your browser but please note that this will prevent access to webpages on this Website. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, please note as mentioned above, certain functions of our Website may not work properly, and you may be unable to use those services that require registration in order to participate.
Web beacons may be used to collect non-personal information about your use of our Website and the Website of selected sponsors, participants, members and advertisers, your use of special promotions or newsletters, and other activities.
www.timbrowntours.com uses personal information such as your name, email address, business name, social media profiles, user IDs, passwords, billing information, address as well as your business particulars to better understand your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. The personal information is gathered necessarily so that you may be able to request and/or download information or materials, subscribe to mailing lists, participate in online discussions, provide feedback, sign-up for events or to make bookings via the site.
How will your information be used
Your information will be used to offer or provide services that support the activities of www.timbrowntours.com, to respond to your enquiries, send invoices, analyse trends, or to provide you with electronic newsletters, invitation to events, marketing material, announcements, surveys or other information. When accessing www.timbrowntours.com your personal user information may be tracked in order to ensure authorized access. By providing us with your personal information, you expressly consent to our storing, processing, and distributing of such information for the above-mentioned purposes.
Reasonable steps are taken to maintain the security of the information as listed above. However, we reserve the right to release personal information where compelled to do so by law, where we reasonably believe there to be illegal activity, and where we can be expected to try and protect our systems and/or business. As a user of this Website, please note that your personal information may be visible to other users and to the public. Information that is disclosed in public areas of our Website such as message boards, news groups, discussion forums becomes accessible to the public and therefore can be collected, used, shared by the public and we cannot accept any liability for the misuse of such information. You are warned to exercise caution when sharing any information and should you not want your personal information collected and used by users of this Website, please refrain from immediate use of this Website. Please note that our employees will have access to personal information under confidentiality.
Access to and Accuracy of Information
All information submitted to us can be verified and/or changed. In order to do this, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that reasonable steps will be taken to verify your identity before effecting such change, verification or correction.
Various means are used to protect the Information provided by users on this Website but we cannot guarantee that this information will not be intercepted, altered or misused. The responsibility rests with you to ensure that your computer is adequately secured and protected against malicious software and individuals. We will not assume liability for the interception, alteration, use or misuse of the information you provide. You alone are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of your personal information. Should you suspect that we or you have had a security breach, please advise us immediately by contacting us on email@example.com detailing the time and nature of the breach and steps you have taken to minimise the effect of such breach.
You will at all times be given the option to opt out from receiving newsletters, announcements, surveys and any other information in relation to the activities of this Website. This can be done by following the directions in the relevant correspondence or by contacting us.
Destruction/Deletion of Personal Information
All Personal Information which has become obsolete, in the sole and absolute discretion of us, shall be deleted by us from our records and/ or destroyed.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Copyright and Intellectual Property
All content on this Website is protected against unauthorised use under copyright and any and all intellectual property laws. Users to this Website may not sell, reproduce, publish, modify, display, distribute or otherwise, use the site material in any way for public or commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the Owner of this site. All rights are reserved to the fullest extent, in respect of the above.
By accessing this site, you are deemed a user, having accepted our Terms and Conditions and shall at all times:
- prevent infection by malicious software;
- not damage or intercept data or information where you have not been granted express permission to intercept or access such date or information;
- accept that changes/amendments to the Website and its content may happen from time to time and without notice and you accept such changes/amendments;
- accept that this Website may provide links to third-party Websites for the convenience of our users. If you access these links, you may leave the timbrowntours.com Website. Therefore, any link you follow from this Website, should be used with caution and at own risk. Under no circumstances will the Owner of this Website be held liable for the content and accuracy of third-party links;
- understand and accept that you have been offered an opportunity to comment and engage on various pages on this Website and that such comment and engagement must always be respectful, lawful, fair, civil and truthful and in no way infringe against the rights of another or any applicable law;
- understand that other users, participants and/or members will also comment and engage on various pages on this Website and that such comment and engagement is not the opinion of the Owner of this website, is not endorsed by the Owner of this Website and any comment and/or engagement that you reply upon for whatever reason, is done so at your sole discretion and risk;
- accept that you are responsible for verifying and analysing information obtained from this Website;
- provide information that is truthful and accurate;
- be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details;
- agree to grant to the Owner of this Website non-exclusive rights to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, promote and/or translate any information submitted by way of comment, post or engaging on this Website by you but using reasonable care when displaying, reproducing, modifying, adapting, publishing, promoting or translating;
- understand that the Owner of this Website has the right to refuse, delete, remove and/or block access to any information you provide, for any reason and without any notice.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
No warranties, express or implied are made in respect of this Website, its contents, accuracy, reliability, completeness or that it is free of malicious software. You, the user accept full risk for the use of this Website and at no time will the Owner of this Website, its employees, agents and/or contractors be liable for any loss, injury, damage, cost, penalty or claim of whatever nature resulting from the use of this Website whether direct or indirect. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Owner of this Website, its employees, agents, and/or contractors from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses and claims of whatever nature.
The Terms and Conditions and the use of this Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and users hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts to hear any dispute arising as a result of these Terms and Conditions and the user’s use of this Website.
If any part, term or provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be illegal or unenforceable, neither the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions will be affected. All rights not expressly allowed are reserved.
Tim Brown Tours
Tim Brown Tours
Tim Brown Tours
Meet Tim Brown, the heart and soul behind Tim Brown Tours. With an unwavering passion for nature and the great outdoors, Tim's journey has been one of exploration, education, and a deep connection with the landscapes of Durban and the enchanting province of KwaZulu-Natal.
From a young age, Tim's family nurtured his love for nature, fostering a strong bond with the outdoors. This foundation blossomed into a lifelong commitment to showcasing the beauty and uniqueness of his homeland.
After obtaining degrees in Criminology, Sociology, and Psychology and working in Ireland, Tim's yearning for his African roots led him back to his continent. An intense desire to immerse himself in the natural world drove him to the 'Bush Academy' near the Botswana border. Here, he delved into the art of safari guiding, honing skills that would become the cornerstone of his career.
Tim's journey continued with stints in prestigious lodges like Kapama Lodge and Sabi Sabi, where he cultivated his expertise in open vehicle safaris, guided bush walks, and wildlife encounters. A thirst for knowledge and a commitment to excellence led him to diverse experiences, from working in Dubai to spending time at Moholoholo, enriching his understanding of nature and wildlife.
Returning to KwaZulu-Natal armed with qualifications and a wealth of experience, Tim Brown Tours was born. With a deep understanding of the region's biodiversity, culture, and history, Tim crafts extraordinary adventures that resonate with all the senses. His philosophy is simple yet profound: every guest should leave with a desire to return, having experienced the best that South Africa has to offer.
Today, Tim Brown Tours is a testament to Tim's unwavering dedication and the dream he nurtured since childhood. Through his tours, Tim offers a gateway to the captivating landscapes of the Bush, Berg, and Battlefields of KwaZulu-Natal. From one-day tours to immersive multi-day experiences, Tim invites you to explore, learn, and create lasting memories.
Step into the world of Tim Brown Tours, where every adventure is a journey of discovery and connection with the natural wonders of South Africa.
Gör det till verklighet
Pris via förfrågan
Vänligen logga in eller lämna dina kontaktuppgifter för att fortsätta
- Ingen reslust
Resebyråer använder din lista med ruslust som inspiration för att skräddarsy din perfekta semester.